Iconic Tokyo bar VIRTÙ has reopened with a new elevated cocktail menu. Situated on the top floor of Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Otemachi, this Paris-meets-Tokyo concept bar is framed by spectacular views of the city.
Head Bartender Joshua Perez and his team of mixologists have been far from idle these past few months. “We’ve been experimenting, testing and developing new recipes behind the bar,” explains Joshua, noting an increased focus on seasonality. “Guests can sample a number of fresh and original cocktails as part of our reopening menu.”
At the heart of VIRTÙ’s liquid offerings are classic French flavours, skillfully reinterpreted by Perez through the lens of kodawari (pursuit of excellence). Situated on the 39th floor of the Hotel, this intriguing venue pays homage to the art of drinking with signature rituals, exclusive tastings, and a collection of drinking artefacts.
Connoisseurs can sample five new cocktails at VIRTÙ:
- AKA La Tomate. A fresh and savoury low-ABV cocktail made with fresh citrus, cucumber, hot sauce and tomato-based shochu. Garnished with cucumber, olive, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Fortunella Spritz. A refreshing wine-based spritz cocktail made with Lillet Blanc, kinkan (kumquat) and orange liqueurs, topped with Champagne.
- Le Verger. A sour cocktail that blends French and Japanese brandies with grapefruit and lime juice, sweetened with apricot liqueur.
- La Matou. A spirit-forward French-Japanese tribute to the classic Martinez. This cocktail is made with two French aperitifs, Dubonnet Rouge and Picon, with a Japanese Old Tom gin as its backbone.
- Whisky Mendiant A decadent old-fashioned drink with hints of cherry, raisin and cacao. Made with a Japanese single malt whisky, Pedro Ximenez Sherry, French herbal liqueur Benedictine, and chocolate bitters.
Guests are also invited to raise a toast to Halloween with four themed cocktails, including the aptly named Cavalier Sans Tête (“headless horseman”). Inspired by the Moscow Mule, this autumnal cocktail is crafted with vodka, Nikka apple wine, lime juice, sweetened ginger juice, topped with soda and a float of heavy Angostura bitters.
- Cocktails start at JPY 1,898
- Halloween-themed cocktails start at JPY 2,500
VIRTÙ is open weekly from Wednesday to Sunday, 12:00 noon – 9:00 pm (last order 8:00 pm). To reserve a table, head over to the official website.