For three nights only, New York City’s beloved World’s 50 Best cocktail bar Katana Kitten is heading to Vancouver. Led by internationally renowned owner and mixologist Masahiro Urushido, Katana Kitten will pop up at Vancouver’s Fairmont Pacific Rim, creating a specialty menu at both of the hotel’s restaurants: Botanist and The Lobby Lounge & RawBar.
“I’m honored to bring Katana Kitten to Vancouver, and to work alongside some of the industry’s brightest stars at both Botanist and The Lobby Lounge & RawBar,” says Urushido. “I’ve always been inspired by coastal flavors, so I’m excited to play with the stellar ingredients available in this beautiful city.”
Kicking off on April 20, Urushido will collaborate with the Botanist team, led by Head Bartender Jeff Savage and Executive Chef Hector Laguna, to create a unique, four-course cocktail pairing menu, available for one night. The dinner will include two seatings as a ticketed event for guests and locals alike, beginning with a welcome drink of Lemon Daiginjo (Fords Officers’ Reserve, lemon, sake) to open the palate.
Following the cocktail pairing menu at Botanist, on April 21 and 22, Urushido and the Katana Kitten team will serve a custom menu with Fairmont Pacific Rim’s Executive Chef Damon Campbell in the Lobby Lounge & RawBar. The Katana Kitten menu will be available in The Lobby Lounge & RawBar for a full month following the pop up.
“We are thrilled to welcome the Katana Kitten team to Fairmont Pacific Rim,” says Jason Cisneros, Director of Food & Beverage at Fairmont Pacific Rim. “At Botanist and The Lobby Lounge & RawBar, our goal is to continually offer our guests and visitors an exciting and truly unique experience, and this special pop up is a perfect example of that.”
The cocktail tasting experience in Botanist will include pairings such as:
- Taishi (Woodford Reserve, Oloroso Sherry, red miso caramel, hojicha, xocolatl) paired with Slow Roasted Maitake (bonito, red miso and shiso)
- Watini (Fords Gin, vermouth, ao-togarashi, koji, green yuzu) paired with Grilled Japanese Wagyu (teriyaki and eggplant)
- Nihonzaru (Herradura Reposado, roasted pineapple, sencha tea, buzz button, coconut, lime, clarified milk) paired with Yuzu Meringue Tart (crème fraîche, yuzu ice cream, black sesame crumble, graham pâte sablée)
The Lobby Lounge & RawBar will offer a selection of cocktails and bites, such as:
- Amaretto Sour (Woodford Reserve Rye, amaretto, umeboshi, honey, lemon, egg white, and yukari)
- Fancy Ramune (Superflux IPA, Lemon Daiginjo)
- Crispy Furikake Chicken (tamari mirin glaze)
- Chilled Dungeness Crab (yuzu kosho, shiso powder)